‘Tis the season for opening up your windows and enjoying a cool breeze.
Back in November, we shared some ideas for winterizing your home decor. Now that spring seems to have arrived (well, it did a few days ago, I’m sure it will be back), it’s time to reverse it all back to warmer weather decor.
Following are some quick tips for lightening up your interior, and as usual, I will give you the opportunity to involve all five senses:
– Switch out your accent pillows with lighter, brighter colors.
– Switch out your throws from wool and heavy cashmere to cotton or 1-ply cashmere. Incorporate the colors of the natural beauty growing in your yard.
– Switch out a lampshade. There are so many fun options.
– Remove the candles that brought the aromas of fir, pine & cinnamon to your living space and replace them with fresh flowers. A fun way to give those flowers a pop of spring color? A brightly colored vase. We love a great DIY project and recently came across this Pinterest board to give us inspiration for our glass vase ideas.
– One idea we are bringing back for our full-service clients is to replace heavy drapes with a lambrequin. These can add some color and balance to a room, without weighting down a wall. We typically add a pull-down shade to insure homeowners can protect privacy when needed.
– As the spring turns to summer, display your seashells from that last trip to Rosemary Beach. We found these fun ideas to share.
Remember that your surroundings are an accessory to what you wear. Enjoy your home, make it yours. Happy spring!